Friday 29 April 2011

Royal Wedding - 29 April 2011

It has been a day for celebration - William and Kate's wedding. I have thoroughly enjoyed it and have barely moved off the couch all day. I have watched it live, replayed, the highlights, Sky and now BBC to make sure I haven't missed any angle. However I did miss being part of the atmosphere and did feel a bit misplaced being 6000 miles away in South Africa. And despite having lived here longer than I did in the UK, I can't deny that my roots still lie deeply in the English soil and am an un-apologetically, die-hard royalist.
It's sad that there were the dissenters - no surprise really, there will always be those that oppose a cause, a theme, a point of view - it is the ying and yang of life I guess. But, the majority loved it. Loved the pageantry, the pomp, the ceremony, the dress and the fairy tale. I can' t imagine what it must be like to be a (commoner) mother-of-the bride having to make small talk with the Queen! And, as for Kate, what a job she has taken on as wife of the future King. The glamour of it lives in fairytales only. I wish them well. I think they will guide the monachy into a new, stronger era. God Save the Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment